Exploring abrupt eco-systems collapse happening now in different parts of the world.
- Antarctica – glacier, ice melt, and sea level rise
- Australia – runaway warming, & massive bleaching across Great Barrier Reef
- Amazon Rainforest – deforestation, climate change, fires, droughts, may already be emitting rather than sequestering carbon
- Oceans – acidification, destruction of base of food chain, toxic algal blooms causing massive sea animal death, sea level rise
- Greenland – glacier melt, sea level rise
- Arctic – now emitting carbon, loss of permafrost, methane and nitrous oxide eruptions, blue-ocean events, loss of albedo effect and jet-stream changes – likely to severely impact agriculture
Highly recommend this interview with Robert Hunziger from December 2020